NOTE on CGC graded comics: Most all will have some "rainbow effects spots/pools" a.k.a. "Newton's Rings" on the front and/or back, where the different inner and outer plastics may touch and light refracts through them. See more info on my CGC Graded comics page. No returns because of this effect, ok? Get FREE raw comics with them too.
PLEASE read the main points on the "How to Order" page if interested in buying anything, before you e-mail or call me, thanks. I can take credit card orders via Square's Invoice program. I'm NOT buying, thanks. Site navigation links are at the bottom of all pages. "View" links are set to open in a new window/tab, so just close them to return here.
Ash #1, Event Comics, Vol. 1, 1994, by Joe Quesada. Clearance!...$1
Austin Powers 2 Special/preview/insert mag from Wizard. 16 pgs, pics, cast bios, trivia, nice centerfold poster of Mike Myers and Heather Graham...$.50¢
Bloodshot #2, 3, 4, Vol. 1, 1993 series by Valiant, all CGC graded, white pages, in Oct. 2016. Certification #02943170012, 0013, 0014. Get a free Bloodshot #3 (4 available) or #5 (1 left) or a comic from the Clearance page with each CGC one. Valiant has movies to come in 2018 with "Harbinger Wars" first, Bloodshot will be in it, and then a Bloodshot movie to follow.
#2 = 9.6...$22 View)
#3, #4 = 9.8...$35 each (View #3) (View #4)
Save $10 and buy #2, 3, 4 for $82
Bone Holiday Special, a Hero Illustrated insert. NM- 9.2, has usual spine edge roughness from binding...$1 (View)
- Dark Horse Comics #7, 8, 9 set. Multiple full color short stories in each issue. 3 part Star Wars Tales of the Jedi story in #7-9. $2.50 cover price:
- #7 has a Star Wars cover, also has Mad Dogs part 4, Robocop 'Invasions' part 2, Predator Blood Feud part 4.
- #8 introduces 'X', plus Robocop part 3, James Bond 'Light of my Death' part 1.
- #9 has Robocop cover painting & part 4 of story, plus X part 2, James Bond part 2.
- 2 sets available...$3/set (View)
- Extra #8's (3), #9's (2)...$1 ea.
Dell Giant #31, "Huckleberry Hound Summer Fun", 1960! VG/F 5.0, pages are off-white with slight yellowish tint. Has light 5" bend line on lower right side/corner, and another light 2" vertical wrinkle/bend line on lower left bottom (they don't show on the scan). Some printing scuffing in blue Dell Giant logo box; small piece off spine corner tip; 1" corner crease top back cover. Clearance! Was $20, now...$15 (View 580px wide, 103kb) (View 900px, 204kb) (View back)
Double Impact #1, Vol. 1, 1st prints:
Signed by Enrique/Ricky Carralero, 3/26/95 at Orlando MegaCon show. With signed High Impact Studios certificate, and signed on back of wrap around chromium cover. 1 left! Reduced! Was $7, now...$5 (View)
Signed on back with NO certificate (done at same time, but they charged $5 for the cert's, so I ran out of dough to get all with cert's). 1 left! Reduced! Was $5 now...$3
Unsigned #1 (3 copies left.) Clearance! Only $1 each!
- Flaming Carrot Comics, from Dark Horse, both have TMNT appearances. Black & white inside art:
- #25 VF 8.0. Part 1 of a 3-part Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover. From Dark Horse, includes the Predator and Roachmill cards. About 4 valley kinks that go into the cover a ways, with short spine stress marks. Only...$1 (View)
- #27, 3 copies. Part 3 of the TMNT crossover. Todd McFarlane cover art:
- NM 9.4 best overall copy. About three 2-3mm razor thin bindery spine stresses, very minor kinks with 2. Has an 1/8" bindery spine tear at bottom staple, front and back, nearly invisible on front, doesn't pop through. Why pay more for VFs on that auction site?...$4 (View) (View tear on back)
- VF/NM 9.0 copy has only 1 little spine kink/2mm stress, but has a 7/16" bindery tear at bottom staple, front and back. Hard to know how much to knock off for that. Doesn't show well in the tall building, so see back cover close-up...$2 (View tear on back)
- VF/NM 9.0 second copy. No tears! Has 3 spine kink spots w/razor thin stress lines, longest is 1/4". Top one at staple/Dark Horse logo has a light valley to it too, extends 1/4"-3/8" in...$2
Flash Gordon #18 VG 4.0. Charlton Comics, 1970. Early Mike Kaluta comic art, in backup story. VG due to light water stains along top edge; 1.25" corner crease lower right; 3/16" corner crease upper right; 4 spine kinks, with color flake at one...$3 (View)
Four Color #1238, Deputy Dawg, VF/VF+ 8.0-8.5, off-white pages, 1961. A few light spine stress marks/kinks, only a couple of which are very noticeable and most don't break color, or only at the beginning; a "pinch" spot at bottom edge from printing process; tiny color flake bottom spine tip. Nice color on cover, very clean and smooth, with sharp edges. Clearance! Was $40, steal it for only...$25 (View 580px wide, 87kb) (View 900px wide, 188kb) (View back)
Hanna-Barbera Fun-In, 1970 series, Gold Key Comics. Multiple stories in each, most have various combinations of Dick Dastardly & Muttley, Penelope Pitstop, It's The Wolf, Cattanooga Cats, and MotorMouse & AutoCat. Due to the pastel colors, scans will look nicer than the grades, as the most of the defects won't show. All have clean & bright covers, and off-white pages unless noted. These are half guide or less already, and save another 30% if you buy all 8:
#1, Fine 6.0, but looks better. Lightly tan pages. Mostly 10-12 little 1-2mm spine marks; smattering of a few very light reading kinks; a 4" light indent line in bottom right running diagonally below propeller down through Penelope's chest/neck; a 2.5" very light bend running diagonally from the 'TL' in Muttley, to above the salt shaker to edge; light valley 'line' near the spine in most of the yellow part of cover. No wrinkling in any of those bends, the one near spine is most noticeable in person. Little tanning spot at bottom spine corner on back, about 5/16" high, 1/16"-1/8" wide, not foxing or water stain, just a tanning area. Slightly miscut near bottom spine, you'll see it hooks down a little. Possible tiny bits of rust on staples if seen under magnifying glass...$10 (View)
#2, VF- 7.5. Nice copy except for the 1/2" corner crease in top right; 3-4 little 1/16" or so spine stress marks, slight tear at top staple; very light indent line running along length of spine, about 1/2" in, nothing to write home about...$9 (View)
#3, VF- 7.5. About 4 minor 1/8" spine stress marks, a few light reading kinks mostly on the left side, light 3/4" thumbed edge top left...$9 (View)
#4, VF/VF- 7.5 or better, due to 2 semi-medium spine kinks behind Dastardly's back, that extend 1/4" or so into the cover, with shallow valleys to them, but only 1/8" stress marks...$9 (View)
#5, F/VF 7.0. Main things are a dent/bend in top right corner, about 1" across, 1/4" in, not creased, but has hump-bend line; 3/4" valley bend/spine kink at top staple, about 5 other 1/8" spine stresses; top spine corner has slight indent ding, couple little stresses; a very few light reading kinks...$8.25 (View)
#6, oh, F/VF 7.0, most would probably say VF-. Top edge near spine corner has a 1" horizontal kink depression that goes through the book, so has hump line on back cover there too; Above the 'N' there's a slight pinch/kink spot that goes through the book, it's bit heavier on the back cover; Gold Key box has a 1" vertical light indent line with a 5/8" thin white line to it, barely shows in scan; slight impact ding at tip, shows more on back; 1/8" spine stress mark, plus only a couple 1/16" ones along spine; few light reading kinks/small waves in Dastardly; light blue squiggles you see in Dastardly are how it was printed, maybe some junk on the plate...$8.25 (View)
#7, VF- 7.5. In Gold Key box at tip and through little "Fun-In" title, there's curved bend line about 1.5" total, but only 3/4" of it has the deeper kink, and goes through the book, has little 1/16" tear top edge there too; nearer right corner there's a light semi-circular impact wave bend, couple waves to it, goes through the book, but pretty light on front, little heavier on back cover; some thin white scratches below Autocat on plane body, another in his shoulder/exhaust cloud; nice spine, only 2-3 light wrinkle stresses or kinks 1/8" or less; bottom spine corner has the 'tick' piece missing; 2" thin printing crease on back cover near bottom of ad...$10 (View)
#13, VF- 7.5. The Hair Bear Bunch story. Whitman version. Like #7, it has nearly the same 1.25" bend/kink/thumbed spot at top corner, but much lighter, with light 3/4" white hair thin line in Whitman box from it; 1/4" corner crease lower right; a dozen or so worthless little spine dings, most don't show in the white background, a couple show in the green part...$8 (View)
Buy all the Fun-Ins and save another 30% ($21.50 off) = $50
Hero Alliance: "End of the Golden Age" graphic novel. VF/NM, 1986, 1st print, Pied Piper Press. Early Ron Lim art! I really liked the comic book series (don't have any left besides this), and the graphic novel is a very good Super Hero story you'll enjoy. 46 pages. Cover has 3 vertical vein lines in upper part − 2 are about 1/2", one is 3/16". Non-color breaking though. Also has about 5 little white streaks starting below N in title and in guy's ribs & arm, but these are printing defects, not paper flakes. Cover price is $6.95, yours for 50% off...$3.50 (View)
I Spy #5. 1968, Gold Key Comics. VF+ 8.5+, slightly tanning pages. Robert Culp & 'that other guy' photo cover. A few light spine stress marks and some light reading kinks. More than 50% off guide, only...$30. Offers considered, or FREE with a $150 or more order. (View) (View back)
James Bond series:
Permission to Die #1-3 complete set. From Eclipse Comics, writing & art by Mike Grell. $12.85 cover. #1 is NM-, maybe VF/NM, flake spot near spine, some wider gloss scratch/smears on back. Clearance!...$5 (View)
Extra #1 with a little corner bend and marks in lower left, call it VF...$1
Serpent's Tooth #1-3 complete set, from Dark Horse. Doug Moench writing and Paul Gulacy art. #3 has lower right corner break in the gloss finish. $14.85 cover. Why are these selling for more than mine on that auction site? Clearance!...$7 (View)
Shattered Helix #1 (of 2), from Dark Horse, $2.50 cover...$1 (View generic pic)
Buy all the Bond comics for $12 (saves $2).
Lone Wolf & Cub Book One TPB. 1988, First Comics, b&w, in English. By Kazuo Koike with art by Goseki Kojima. Cover art by Frank Miller and Sienkiewicz. This collects the first 6 issues in one trade paperback: The Assassin's Road, The Coming of the Cold, Pitiful Osue, The Flute of the Fallen Tiger, Headless Sakon, The White Way Between Two Rivers. Full size 6.75"x10.5", not the weenie little 4x6 stuff they did later. Dust jacket has some minor kinking in upper part, but light, and vein line in lower right. Was $19.95 in '88. Yours for 50% off...$10 (View)
Man from U.N.C.L.E./UNCLE #8. 1966, Gold Key Comics. Fine+ 6.5, lightly tanning pages. Robert Vaughn & David McCallum photo cover. A few spine stress marks/kinks, some reading kinks, but nice looking overall. Under half guide at...$10 (View) (View back)
Shi "Tora No"/Blood of Saints #1, 2, 3 set. Crusade Comics inserts in Overstreet's Fan magazine/guide, late 1996. Complete set. #3 has the alternate cover. Average VF/VF+ (spine kinks)...$3 (View generic pic)
Tomoe #0 signed by William Tucci, Amanda Conner, & Jimmy Palmiotti at a late 1990s Orlando MegaCon, no certificate, but all signatures guaranteed. NM-. Clearance! Was $10, now only...$6 (View)
Vengeance of Vampirella Wizard mini-comic #5, signed by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti. Signed at same MegaCon as the Tomoe. 5.5"x6.25", new 12 page story, "What the Cards Hold". Back cover has a small 2mm x 2mm tear/hole, but hole flap covers it; and 5/8" marker pen swipe line. Clearance! Was $7, now...$5 (View)
Get both signed Tomoe & Vampirella comics for $15
Vengeance of Vampirella #8, polybagged with painted Vampi promo card by Bo Hampton. From Harris comics. $2.95 cover, 3 available, yours for clearance price of...$1 ea. (View)
X-Files, Vol. 1, 1995, by Topps:
Wizard ACE #19 (Acetate Cover Edition), signed by cover artist Miran Kim. This reprints X-Files #1, with new cover art, both on the overlay and the heavy cardstock cover, so if you're a completist, you need this. Dealers got 1 ACE edition for every 25 copies of Wizard #73 they ordered. With Wizard certificate of authenticity. Was $19.95 new, yours for only...$12 (View) (View certificate)
#2 VF. Has 1/2" raised vein/wrinkle line off spine near lower spine corner, and light valley kink near episode title. Clearance!...$1
Digest #1 ($3.50 cover) Few vertical white printing scuffs near spine. Clearance!...$1 (View)
These comics, and X-Files magazines are also on my X-Files page.
Clearance! Most only $1-$2 each!
(View all my #1/2 issues)
Mail-ins from the Wizard Price Guide magazine, way below original cost. In original Wizard bags, with certificates. Number available in parentheses:
- See more about my Darkness #1/2 CGC 9.6 on my CGC Graded comics page, for $25. Get a free raw Darkness #1/2 VF/NM or better too, or some other $1 comic. (View)
- Dawn #1/2, 1st one, VF/NM...$2 (View)
- Devil's Reign #1/2 Silver Surfer/Witchblade, with Wolverine and Ghost Rider too (3)...$2 ea. (View)
- Fire from Heaven #1/2...$1 (View)
- Lady Death #1/2 (4) 1st one, comes with full page ad cut from Wizard...$2 ea. (View) (View ad)
Comic Strip collection books:
(Softcover, VF/NM or better unless noted. View all my Comic Strip books)
These can be mailed at cheap media mail rate.
Calvin and Hobbes, by Bill Watterson:
- First collected edition, first published in 1987. Mine's the 25th printing from 1995. 8.5x9", B&W, 128 pages. $8.95 cover price...$3 (View)
- Tenth Anniversary collection, probable first print, 1995. 9x12", color and B&W, 208 pages. $14.95 cover...$5 (View)
- 'There's Treasure Everywhere' collection, probable first print, 1996. 9x12", color and B&W, 176 pages, $14.95 cover...$5 (View)
- Will include the last Sunday strip cut from the Dec. 31, 1995 Sarasota Herald Tribune (folded in half), and a short article about the ending of this classic strip, with either of the $5 books. Only 1 of the strip available.
The Far Side, by Gary Larson:
- Gallery Vol. 1. 1985. 5th print. 8.5x11", 200+ pages, with 8 color mini-posters. The first collection of strips, a modern classic. No cover price printed, probably $9.95-$12 when new...$3 (View)
- Night of the Crash Test Dummies. 1988. 5.5x8.25", 104 pgs. $5.95 cover. Only...$1 (View)
- The Pre-History of The Far Side. 1990. 2nd print, 8.5x11", 288 pgs. Big collection of "strips" and how he creates them. $12.95 cover...$4 (View)
- Wildlife Preserves. 1989. 5.5x8.25", 104 pgs, $5.95 cover. Just...$1 (View)
Peanuts, by Charles Schulz:
The Joy of a Peanuts Christmas. From Hallmark Books, done in 2000, only sold at Hallmark stores. 7.25" x 7.25" hardcover, with 120 pages covering 50 years of daily and Sunday Peanuts strips dealing with Christmas. Color and black & white. Near Mint. $5.95 cover, yours for 50% off...$3 (View)
Other Humor books:
Sniglets Vol. 1, 1984, by Rich Hall & friends, 11th printing. "Sniglets are any word that doesn't appear in the dictionary, but should." About 5"x8", 95 pages of new words and definitions, very funny, even led to a box game. Slightly used condition, but complete and intact. I think these were $5.95 or so new, but no price printed on it. Yours for a mere...$1
More Sniglets. Second book in the series, 1st print, 1985. Nice condition, better than above one. 95 more pages of new Sniglets, complete...$1